DES PTC Meeting Notes
Monday, May 6, 2019
· Teacher Appreciation Week
o The PTC will acknowledge the DES teachers the week of May 6th.
§ Monday – Donuts, pastries, juice, milk
§ Wednesday – Luncheon
§ Friday – Ice cream treats
· Spirit Day
o Julie Olson confirmed that the same bounce houses have been reserved from Fun Time for our upcoming Spirit Day event.
o Cost is $1,500
o School office will send out information for volunteers to help at this event.
o The last Scrip order for the 2018-19 school year will be sent home on Friday, May 10th.
o Orders are due on Wednesday, May 15th
· Box Tops is Going Digital
o Beginning this summer, Box Tops will begin to transition to Box Tops Mobile App.
§ This app will be ready in June 2019
§ Supporters will be able to scan receipts, find participating products, and instantly add Box Tops to their school’s earnings online.
§ If you have the Box Top Bonus App, you will have to update to the new app in June.
§ All clipped Box Tops can still be sent in as long as the Box Top hasn’t expired.
§ Monthly Box Top Contests in Classrooms
· The new process will not be able to tie back to individual classrooms yet, but Box Tops knows this is important and they are working on it as a future release to the app.
· If schools still want to do classroom contests, here are a couple of workarounds
o Take screen shot of your earnings and email to teacher
o Box Top is creating new collection sheets – half sheet for traditional Box Tops to be clipped; half sheet so families can write earnings that they have earned and submit to classroom teacher
o Instead of classroom goals, switch to school goal
§ New Box Tops Marketing
· Box Tops is working on materials to promote this change
· Overview flyer and letter to families will be available in June when the app is available
· Kwik Trip Car Washes
§ 46 cards have been sold in total
· Profit of $670
· Disney Family Volunteering Reward Program
o We received the 5 Disney World tickets.
o We will have a 1-week auction for this item.
§ Auction will run from Sunday, May 19th at 6:00 a.m. to Thursday, May 23rd at 9:00 p.m.
§ Starting bid will be $350 just like the March auction
§ Michelle Melssen will create something to send to Julie Piper to have put on Infinite Campus. Michelle will also send the blurb to Julie Olson to send to staff to put in their weekly newsletter.
· Retirements for 2019
o Sarah Godfrey & Sue Trainor
o Julie Olson will take care of picking up a basket of flowers and a card for each.
· Auction Money
o $2.750 was approved for purchasing two basketball hoops
§ $1,100/hoop = $2,200
§ $200 for shipping
§ $20 roughly for cement
§ $145 tax
§ $100 gift card for Brad Godfrey for installing the hoops
o $2,000 was approved to purchase materials for the GagaBall Pit that the Boy Scouts will install
§ Julie Olson will let Mrs. Piper know so that they can work with the Boy Scouts to get the materials.
o $3,000 was approved to purchase Sensory Wall/Path materials
§ Julie Olson will let Mrs. Piper know so that she and the DES staff can decide on what they want to purchase.
· Treasurer’s Report
o Balance around $19,000
§ $7,750 will be used for basketball hoops, GagaBall Pit materials, and Sensory Wall/Path materials
§ $5,000 to be held to start the 2019-20 school year
§ Money being used for classroom field trips
· Deb will send an email to the 5th grade teachers to let them know that the PTC would like to provide a pizza party for the 5th grade students since we weren’t able to help fund their class field trip
· ELP, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade will let Julie Olson know what they are doing so the PTC can sponsor snacks/something for their field trips.
· 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade has already been in touch for DES PTC funds for their class trips.
· Next Meeting
o Monday, June 3, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in DES library
o Officers for the 2019-20 school year will need to be appointed.