2019 – 2020 School Year
DES PTC Meeting Minutes
October 7, 2019
- Movie Night - Friday, September 27th - Showing “Wonder Park”
○ The event went well, approx. 150 in attendance. Thank you to Cub Scout Pack 357 for their help with set up and clean up, also thank you to our PTC volunteers.
Monster Mash - Friday, November 1st - 6:30-8:30pm
- October Halloween Party will fall the first Friday in November
- DJ has been contacted and will donate his time for the event
- Snacks and Drinks in the small gym, Jessica and Mandie will ask area businesses for donations
- Photo Opp also in small gym
- Games and coloring pages in the south mall. Check with Cub Scouts for games and activities
- Julie will create sign-up genius event for volunteer registration and check on supervision needed at event.
- First Scrip order for 2019-2020 school year: Sept 20th
- Decided to not skip October
- Will add the order form to our website www.desptc.org, post on Facebook page and send out on Infinite Campus
Kwik Trip Car Washes
- Will send order form this week and post on Facebook page - Dodgeville Elementary Parent Teacher Circle
Box Tops is Going Digital (Share on Facebook)
- Beginning in June 2019, Box Tops began to transition to Box Tops Mobile App
- Supporters will be able to scan retail receipts, find participating products, and instantly add Box Tops to their school’s earnings online
- If you had the Box Tops app prior to June 2019 you will need to update to the new app
- Last time for clipped Box Tops submission will be in December (Chris will send in)
2 New Basketball hoops have been installed on the playground and are getting lots of use
- Basketballs and air pumps are needed, approved the purchase of 6 new basketballs and air pump to keep them inflated, will contact Mr. Stodola for advice on good outdoor basketball
- Aimee will work on updating our website www.desptc.org
- Facebook marketing/ Send out info to parents about PTC
- Review request from Mr. McGraw for BBall backboards in the gym. Approx $1200. (Approved 10/7)
- Review request for Big Blue Blocks purchase, this will be the fundraising goal for the 2020 PTC Auction in March
- Possible playground equipment information/connection - pending
- Open Gym monthly?
Pending from Auction 2019
- $2,000 was approved to purchase materials for the Gaga Ball Pit - Ms. Alleman has ordered the structural supports (paid for with a grant she wrote) and PTC will pay for the lumber
- $3,000 was approved to purchase Sensory Wall/Path materials (still pending)
- Only the floors in the older part of the school can be done right now.
- The floors in the newer section can’t be touched for a couple of more years.
- December 6th - Bingo Night 6:30-8:30pm
Next Meeting Schedule
- Monday, November 4th, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. at DES Library