DODGEVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
PARENT TEACHER CIRCLE ORGANIZATION BYLAWS
Article I. Name
The name of this organization is the Dodgeville Elementary School Parent Teacher Circle (PTC) of Dodgeville, Wisconsin.
Article II: Articles of Organization
The articles of organization include:
1. The bylaws of such organization
2. The articles of association
Article III: Objectives
1. The objectives of the Dodgeville Elementary School PTC are developed through projects and programs, and are governed and qualified by the basic policies set forth in Article IV.
2. The objectives of the Dodgeville Elementary School PTC are to:
a. Provide school functions for the purpose of promoting fellowship among parents, students, and teachers.
b. Provide funds for extra materials and programs in addition to what is provided by the district, as determined by the Organization.
Article IV: Basic Policies
The following are basic policies of the Dodgeville Elementary School PTC:
1. This Organization shall be non-commercial, non-sectarian, and non-partisan.
2. This Organization shall work with the school administration, faculty, and students in an effort to:
a. Maintain a well-informed membership regarding issues directly related to the school and community.
3. This Organization shall not, directly or indirectly, participate or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office (including publishing or distributing statements).
4. The records of this Organization are open for public review on the DES website.
Article V: Membership
Membership in the Dodgeville Elementary School PTC shall be made available with the following terms:
1. All parents and teachers of Dodgeville Elementary School, willing to uphold the policies and subscribe to these bylaws, shall be known as an enrolled member of this Organization upon:
a. Registration of name, address, and telephone number with the officers.
2. Membership in this Organization shall be made available without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
3. Members must be enrolled at least 30 days prior to the election of officers in order to vote in the election.
4. Only enrolled adult members of this Organization shall be eligible to serve in any of its elective or appointive positions.
Article VI: Officers and Their Election
1. Officers of this Organization will consist of elected offices for:
b. Vice President
2. Elective officers shall be elected by voice vote.
3. The term of an office shall be one year. The election shall be held in the spring and the newly elected officers shall assume office at the close of the last meeting in July. A candidate can be elected to the same office.
4. If a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice President shall assume the office of the President. If a vacancy occurs in any other office, a person elected by a majority vote of the members shall fill it.
5. A member must appear in person to cast a vote.
Article VII: Duties of Officers
1. The President shall
a. Preside at all meetings of the Organization.
b. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Organization
2. The Vice President shall
a. Act as an assistant to the President and perform the duties of the President in the absence or inability of that officer to act.
b. Commit to the duties of the President in the event the President vacates office for any reason.
c. Perform other delegated duties as assigned.
3. The Secretary shall
a. Keep an accurate record of the proceedings of all meetings of the Organization.
b. Distribute official minutes to each Officer and to the Organization’s website for the public to view.
c. Be prepared to refer to minutes of previous meetings.
d. Perform other delegated duties as assigned.
4. The Treasurer shall
a. Establish and/or maintain a checking account and other accounts as determined by the Dodgeville Elementary School PTC.
b. Have custody of all financial records and funds of the Organization
c. Verify and be responsible for all monies received from all events.
d. Keep a full and accurate account of all receipts and disbursements.
e. Prepare a financial statement each month.
f. Arrange an end-of year audit.
g. Make sure that at least $500.00 is left in the treasury for the next school year.
All officers shall perform the duties outlined in these bylaws and those assigned from time to time.
Upon the expiration of the term of office or in case of resignation, each officer shall turn over to the President, without delay, all records, books, and other materials pertaining to the office and shall return to the Treasurer, without delay, all funds pertaining to the office.
Article VIII: Meetings
1. Meetings will be held on a monthly basis at a time and place designated by the Officers.
2. Meetings shall be open to the public.
3. Members present shall constitute a quorum. A majority vote of members present shall be deemed adequate and acceptable to conducting or transacting business.
4. The last meeting of the school year in May or June shall serve as a time when new officers will be elected and installed.
Article IX: Fiscal Year
1. The fiscal year of this association shall begin August 1st and end July 31st. The previous year’s budget will stand until the first general meeting.
Article X: Amendments
1. An amendment shall be proposed in writing to the President and shall be read at the first general meeting after the President receives the request.
2. When a revision in the bylaws is being considered, a committee may be appointment to submit a revised set of bylaws as a substitute for the existing bylaws by a majority vote at a meeting of the Organization.
3. A copy of the proposed amendment or revised bylaws will be made available for public review on the Organization’s website.
Article XI: Distribution of Resources
1. In the event of the dissolution of the Organization, the funds and resources will be given to Dodgeville Elementary School.
Article XII: Miscellaneous Provisions
1. All members of this organization are for the discussion of Organization business and parent members shall not use any of these meetings as a means of discussing the problems or progress of their children with members of the staff.